- Playmates are important at this age.
- Asks an excessive number of questions.
- More than 50 percent of your child’s speech is clear enough to be understood.
- Begins to recognize gender differences.
- Names pictures in a book.
- Knows own name, age, and gender.
- Likes to be independent.
- Discipline should be gentle, consistent, and carried through.
- Read books with your child.
- Maintain a consistent bedtime routine.
- Your child may be toilet trained during the day but might not stay dry at night.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. (2014). Ages and Stages. Retrieved from http://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/Pages/default.aspx
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2014). Developmental Milestones. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/actearly/milestones/
- KidsGrowth.com. (2014). Growth Milestones. Retrieved from http://www.kidsgrowth.com/stages/guide/index.cfm