This workshop will give professionals a better understanding of child maltreatment and its prevalence in our community. They will learn how to get help for children, recognize the signs of abuse, be aware of Texas reporting laws, and know what to do when a child makes an outcry.
After attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of suspected child abuse and neglect
- Explain how to handle disclosures of suspected child abuse and neglect
- Describe the reporting process for suspected child abuse and neglect
- Identify the laws pertaining to reporting suspected child abuse and neglect
Texas educators can earn 1 hour of CPE credit and Texas LPC’s and Social Workers can earn 1 hour of CEU’s by participating in this workshop.
Credits are awarded following verification of attendance according to the following procedure:
- Attend the webinar; ensure that your name on the screen is recognizable according to your registration.
- Complete the evaluation, which will be distributed via MS Forms link in the last 5 minutes of the webinar.
- IMPORTANT! On the submission confirmation page for the evaluation, you must click on the MS Forms link to Request Certificate of Attendance / Credits.
- Complete the form, choosing the title of this workshop and the correct date when asked.
- Your certificate will be generated based on the information you provide, so ensure that there are no errors.
- Once our staff verifies your attendance and reviews the certificate, we will forward it to you as soon as possible.