Please log in using the email you provided when you registered.
Parents Under Construction enhances children’s awareness of how parenting practices influence children’s mental health. The program helps children today learn the parenting skills they will need in the future. This program increases the social and emotional competence of children and prevents physical abuse, emotional abuse, and mental health challenges now and in future generations.
By participating in the Parents Under Construction program, students will:
- Increase knowledge of parenting responsibilities, demands, and costs
- Learn accurate information about child development
- Develop empathy for children and parents
- Enhance their knowledge about mental health, and understand the relationship between parenting practices and the child’s mental health
- Apply a wide range of positive discipline techniques
- Learn how to create a nurturing environment for the wellbeing of children