About the Program
Stand Strong • Stay Safe – Early Childhood is a safety education curriculum that teaches 3- to 7-year-old children the assertiveness and emotional literacy skills they need to build positive communities, stand up for themselves, and get help when faced with unsafe situations. Through age-appropriate lessons, students are prepared to recognize and report bullying, abuse, and neglect. Our updated curriculum features an improved script, new characters, and a culturally sensitive and trauma-informed approach to this important conversation.
Curriculum training prepares educators and volunteers to teach this program in PreK-1st Grade classrooms. Support, coaching, and materials needed for implementation are included in the training.
Participants of curriculum training will:
- Understand how adverse childhood experiences and trauma affect children
- Be able to recognize signs of physical, sexual, and emotional abuse andrespond appropriately to disclosures
- Learn effective implementation techniques for each lesson throughdemonstration and practice
- Connect with ChildBuilders’ staff for ongoing support and coaching
- Gain access to all curricula and materials needed to implement the program.
- 4 interactive 20-minute lessons
- Presentations with puppet shows and role-play
- Home Connections
- Access to Parent Guide in Spanish and English
- Follow-up activities to use throughout the year
Time: 4 Hours, including CE Credits for Texas teachers, social workers, and LPC’s.
Cost: $225 per participant, minimum of 8 participants
Includes digital curriculum and materials.