Educator Webinar Description
What are Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s) and how does trauma impact the developing child? How does trauma “show up” in classroom behavior? And what works to help students who have experienced grief and adversity? In this interactive educator webinar, participants will learn about trauma’s effect on development and behavior and 5 strategies educators can use to help students heal from traumatic experiences.
After attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain how trauma can affect student development and behavior
- Identify symptoms of trauma in a student
- Describe strategies to help a student heal from traumatic experiences
- Express confidence in their ability to help students cope with stress and heal from trauma
Professionals working with children, including child-care workers, teachers, aides, counselors, social workers, and other school personnel.
Texas educators can earn 1 hour of CPE credit and Texas LPC’s and Social Workers can earn 1 hour of CEU’s by participating in this workshop. Credits are awarded following verification of attendance according to the following procedure:
- Attend the webinar; ensure that your name on the screen is recognizable according to your registration.
- Complete the evaluation, which will be distributed via MS Forms link in the last 5 minutes of the webinar.
- IMPORTANT! On the submission confirmation page for the evaluation, you must click on the MS Forms link to Request Certificate of Attendance / Credits.
- Complete the form, choosing the title of this workshop and the correct date when asked.
- Your certificate will be generated based on the information you provide, so ensure that there are no errors.
- Once our staff verifies your attendance and reviews the certificate, we will forward it to you as soon as possible.