Advancing Together: ChildBuilders Expands Reach witH Grant Support
ChildBuilders is elated to announce not one but two significant strides in our mission to build resilient communities. Thanks to the generous 2023 grants from the Powell Foundation, George Foundation, and the Junior League of Houston, we are poised for impactful initiatives that will touch lives in Houston and beyond.
- Empowering High-Risk Communities in Harris, Fort Bend, and Brazoria Counties. Building on our collaboration with Harris County ISD’s, the Powell Foundation grant is instrumental in extending our reach into high-risk communities. Cultivating stronger ties and enhancing cultural and trauma sensitivity remain at the forefront of our approach.
- Program Initiatives in Brazoria County. In tandem with the Powell Foundation support, we are thrilled to share that the Junior League of Houston has provided funding to initiate programs in Brazoria County, including Alvin ISD. This expansion is a testament to our commitment to reaching diverse communities and ensuring every child has access to the tools for resilience.
- Enhancing Programs for Lasting Impact in Fort Bend County. The George Foundation has extended our grant funding for another year, enhancing opportunities in for families and educators in Fort Bend County. As an approved provider of child abuse prevention education in Fort Bend ISD, we will leverage our positive relationships with counselors in that district to empower thousands of students with the knowledge and skills to keep themselves and their communities physically and emotionally safe. Likewise, by adapt programs to fit the needs of counselors in Lamar CISD, we are poised to make a significant impact in Fort Bend County by providing children with assertiveness skills, emotional control, and resilience that will serve them throughout their lives.
- Increasing Adult Engagement. The combined support allows us to amplify our adult engagement efforts, offering workshops and webinars that equip educators, administrators, and parents with valuable insights into trauma, children’s mental health, and effective classroom management.
Educators and administrators in select school districts, including Aldine ISD, Alief ISD, Alvin ISD, Fort Bend ISD, Galena Park ISD, Lamar CISD, Houston ISD, and Spring ISD are invited to introduce or expand ChildBuilders’ resilience-building programs into their communities, all at low cost or no cost to their schools.
Grant-funded activities cover a spectrum of offerings:
- Comprehensive curriculum training in resilience-building programs
- Ongoing support and coaching during program implementation
- Professional development workshops/webinars for teachers and school personnel
- Informative sessions for parents on positive discipline, mindfulness, self-care, and recognizing signs of mental health concerns in children
Review our Professional Development Catalog for in-depth program details. Contact us today to embark on a journey of resilience-building in your school community. Together, let's create a future where every child grows into an adult capable of overcoming challenges, strengthening communities, and nurturing the next generation.