* * * Refresher Training in the Updated Curriculum, launched August 2023 * * *
You will be prompted to log in to your MyChildBuilders Account when you register for this training. You will only see the registration form if you are logged in. If you don’t have your login information, please email Gretchen at firstname.lastname@example.org to register. We understand that many of our presenters have not used the login system for registration. This training is ONLY for presenters who have already been trained in Stand Strong • Stay Safe – Early Childhood.
Please contact our team if you are looking for first-time training in Stand Strong • Stay Safe.
This prekindergarten through first grade curriculum teaches how to prevent victimization through assertiveness skill building. Through interactive presentations and role-play, children learn how to stay safe from bullying, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect. Follow-up activities, Home Connections, and a Parent Guide allow for ongoing practice and repetition to increase retention of the skills. There are four 20-minute lessons.
ChildBuilders offers CPE credits for Texas educators and CEU credits for Texas Social Workers and Licensed Professional Counselors.
- Power of kind words (Emotional Abuse)
- Keeping My Body Safe (Sexual Abuse)
- Neglect & Physical abuse
- Develop understanding of trauma-informed practice related to the updated curriculum.
- Develop understanding of cultural competence related to the updated curriculum.
- Review changes in the 2023 edition relevant for implementation.
- Gain access to the updated curriculum and materials.