This refresher training for Stand Strong • Stay Safe – Early Childhood is designed for presenters who have been trained in the curriculum and presented to students within the last five years. We recommend attending a refresher training every other year to learn about updates in research and best practices.
While we are holding this training online, it is intended for presenters who will be teaching in face-to-face classroom settings.
About the Curriculum
This prekindergarten through first grade curriculum teaches how to prevent victimization through assertiveness skill building. Through interactive presentations and role-play, children learn how to stay safe from bullying, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect. Follow-up activities, Home Connections, and a Parent Guide allow for ongoing practice and repetition to increase retention of the skills. There are four 20-minute lessons.
- Power of kind words (Emotional Abuse)
- Inappropriate touch (Sexual Abuse)
- Physical abuse
Participants will be able to:
- Explain the need for safety education
- Recognize types of abuse and when to make disclosures
- Demonstrate assertiveness and use kind words
- Identify core concepts of the curriculum
- Implement each lesson
- Express confidence in the ability to teach the program