This prekindergarten through first grade curriculum teaches how to prevent victimization through assertiveness skill building. Through interactive presentations and role-play, children learn how to stay safe from bullying, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect. Follow-up activities, Home Connections, and a Parent Guide allow for ongoing practice and repetition to increase retention of the skills. There are four 20-minute lessons.
* Please note that the training consists of an asynchronous portion and a synchronous session via Zoom. Once the asynchronous portion has been completed, participants will receive instructions for participating in the synchronous session.
- Power of kind words (Emotional Abuse)
- Inappropriate touch (Sexual Abuse)
- Physical abuse
Participants will be able to:
- Explain the need for safety education
- Recognize types of abuse and when to make disclosures
- Demonstrate assertiveness and use kind words
- Identify core concepts of the curriculum
- Implement each lesson
- Express confidence in the ability to teach the program