This fourth through sixth grade curriculum teaches how to prevent victimization through assertiveness skill building. Through interactive presentations and role-play, children learn how to stay safe from bullying, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect. Follow-up activities, Home Connections, and a parent support allow for ongoing practice and repetition to increase retention of the skills. There are five 30-minute lessons.
This curriculum is only appropriate for fourth and fifth graders who have already received the Lower Elementary curriculum. If your upper elementary students have not, please teach that course first.
* Please note that the training consists of an asynchronous portion and a synchronous session via Zoom. Once the asynchronous portion has been completed, participants will receive instructions for participating in the synchronous session.
- Safe Relationships
- Emotional Control to Stay Safe
- Handling Conflict
- Stopping Abuse
- Staying Safe Online
Participants will be able to:
- Explain the need for safety education
- Recognize types of abuse and when to make disclosures
- Demonstrate assertiveness and use kind words
- Identify core concepts of the curriculum
- Implement each lesson
- Express confidence in the ability to teach the program
To be trained in the full elementary program to prepare you to teach Stand Strong • Stay Safe to 2nd through 5th graders, the cost is $365. This includes 8 hours of training, the curriculum binder, and access to all materials. Please make sure to register for BOTH trainings – Lower Elementary and Upper Elementary – if you are interested in this option. You must already have been trained in Lower Elementary to receive training in Upper Elementary. Please contact us if you wish to register for only the Upper Elementary training.
Curriculum and materials are included. Please include your current mailing address in the registration so we can get these items to you.