This second and third grade curriculum teaches how to prevent victimization through assertiveness skill building. Through interactive presentations and role-play, children learn how to stay safe from bullying, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect. Follow-up activities and parental support allow for ongoing practice and repetition to increase retention of the skills. There are five 30-minute lessons.
The curriculum is also appropriate for fourth and fifth graders as a prerequisite for prior to receiving the Upper Elementary curriculum.
* Please note that the training consists of an asynchronous portion and a synchronous session via Zoom. Once the asynchronous portion has been completed, participants will receive instructions for participating in the synchronous session.
- Be Assertive
- Boundaries and Consent
- Physical Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Emotional Abuse (and Bullying)
Participants will be able to:
- Explain the need for safety education
- Recognize types of abuse and when to make disclosures
- Demonstrate assertiveness and use kind words
- Identify core concepts of the curriculum
- Implement each lesson
- Express confidence in the ability to teach the program
To be trained in the full elementary program to prepare you to teach Stand Strong • Stay Safe to 2nd through 5th graders, the $365. This includes 8 hours of training, the curriculum binder, and access to all materials. Please make sure to register for BOTH trainings – Lower Elementary and Upper Elementary – if you are interested in this option.
To be trained in Lower Elementary only, which is appropriate for 2nd and 3rd graders as well as older students who have not yet received a Stand Strong • Stay Safe program, the cost is $320. This includes 4 hours of training, the curriculum binder, and access to all materials needed to implement the Lower Elementary program.
Curriculum and materials are included. Please include your current mailing address in the registration so we can get these items to you.