This second and third grade curriculum teaches how to prevent victimization through assertiveness skill building. Through interactive presentations and role-play, children learn how to stay safe from bullying, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect. Follow-up activities and parental support allow for ongoing practice and repetition to increase retention of the skills. There are five 30-minute lessons.
The curriculum is also appropriate for fourth and fifth graders as a prerequisite for prior to receiving the Upper Elementary curriculum.
* Please note that the training consists of an asynchronous portion and a synchronous session via Zoom. Once the asynchronous portion has been completed, participants will receive instructions for participating in the synchronous session.
- Be Assertive
- Boundaries and Consent
- Physical Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Emotional Abuse (and Bullying)
Participants will be able to:
- Explain the need for safety education
- Recognize types of abuse and when to make disclosures
- Demonstrate assertiveness and use kind words
- Identify core concepts of the curriculum
- Implement each lesson
- Express confidence in the ability to teach the program
The curriculum is available for sale in digital format or as a binder for $275 (Upper and Lower Elementary), not included in the cost of the training.