This second and third grade curriculum teaches how to prevent victimization through assertiveness skill building. Through interactive presentations and role-play, children learn how to stay safe from bullying, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect. Follow-up activities and parental support allow for ongoing practice and repetition to increase retention of the skills. There are five 30-minute lessons.
The curriculum is also appropriate for fourth and fifth graders as a prerequisite for prior to receiving the Upper Elementary curriculum.
This 4-hour training is held online via Zoom. As the training is interactive, participants are expected to have video on and be in a place where they can fully engage in the program.
Digital access to the curriculum lessons and materials is included in the cost of training. Printed curriculum binders are available to purchase separately.
- Be Assertive
- Boundaries and Consent
- Physical Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Emotional Abuse (and Bullying)
Participants will be able to:
- Explain the need for safety education
- Recognize types of abuse and when to make disclosures
- Demonstrate assertiveness and use kind words
- Identify core concepts of the curriculum
- Implement each lesson
- Express confidence in the ability to teach the program